In 2020 the Best Appearing Contest at the Duel in the Desert from The Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway will not only feature the annual special paint schemes from competitors but for the first time ever, special races to be contested and utilized as a charity fundraiser to cap off the weekend.
The usual voting contest will not happen in 2020. Through this new “Best Appearing” concept, The Duel in the Desert has chosen to focus our energy on helping promote charities, raising awareness, sharing personal driver stories, and letting the racers dictate the results on the track to end the weekend.
What is at stake?
– $1000-to-WIN in Each Division
– Online donations will be collected and added to the overall purse of each division as directed by those donating.
– 50% of donations will go to the driver and the remaining 50% to the designated charity on the car.
When is it?
– After the big Duel Features on Saturday, November 14, 2020
– Streaming will be available for FREE on the Social Media accounts of our broadcast partners at XR. Go to: facebook.com/racexr and youtube.com/racexr
– Best Appearing Features will be run for Modifieds, Northern Sportmods, and Stock Cars
How do I enter?
– Must be registered for the Duel in the Desert.
– Must run a CHARITY paint scheme with a designated 501c3 charity.
– The first twenty-four drivers in each class can run the Best Appearing event.
– All entries will be online. There will be no entry at the track.
– Entry will close November 1, 2020 or when each class is full, whatever comes first.
– Entry Fee is $100 and will go to the purse.
– Baseline payout, without donations, will be released at a later time.